Whiles bathing warm water is a daily routine for some people others have their misconceptions about it. It is advised that you bath warm water in the evening and not only at cold times, and these are the reasons why;
1.Bathing with warm water in the evening helps take off the day stress and gives relief from depression. You sweat after, which makes you sleep better
.2. Bathing with warm water get the blood flowing which is not only good for circulation but helps relax tight muscles and sores. It advised to get a warm water bath after working out
.3.Due to the heat in warm water, there’s circulation of blood when bathing with warm water and this minimizes blood pressure which is good for the heart
.4.Using warm water to bath relieves you from cold and nasal congestion. And also kills germs.
5. When you add essential oils to warm water it helps soothes irritated skins and makes you skin glow.
When it comes to sultry looks in African print styles the curvaceous TV host and actress Benedicta Gafah places first.
From time to time she shakes Instagram with amazingly designed African print outfits
Undoubtfully Her official stylist known as coverboykobby is doing an awesome job. These are the three designers he has been working with to ensure Benedicta Gafah keeps her game on.
His outfits are beautiful and outstanding. He uses Delicate and remarkable patterns to create interesting outfits. Aside African prints he does a lot of bridal wedding guests styles too. Click on link below to his Instagram account and check out his works for yourself.
Elibert Klodin official
He loves the art of using African prints to make simple stylish outfits. See it for yourself from the link below to visit his Instagram page.
She behind two of the flawless African outfits of Benedicta Gafah. Enjoy s her work from the link below.
Yakubu Sheilla will get your drooling with her sophisticated hijab dressing styles.Decent dressing but screaming elegance.
Her sense of style confirms one hundred and ten percent that you don’t need to put exotic wigs, expose your body or wear tight clothes slay in looks.
Ranging from office looks, wedding guest styles to casual looks she will make you want to rock a hijab even if you are not a Muslim.
One unique thing about her page is, aside photos, she posts a video to show how she rock the clothes with confidence and blissfulness.
Scroll down to see photos of my favorite looks of her.
CONTRACEPTIVES- WHAT ARE THEY AND TYPES
Contraceptives, contraceptions, birth control, fertility control, post pills etc. whatever name you call it,
is a method or device used with the intent or for the purpose of preventing of pregnancy or conceiving a child.
while birth controls may be effective for most women, it may also be detrimental to others, especially to their reproductive system. Before we delve into the demerits, lets take a look at the various contraceptives available.
To begin with, there are natural methods which are known largely as traditional methods of birth control.
these do not require any form of medications or devices.
1. WITHDRAWAL/ COITUS INTERRUPTUS : this is done by the removal of the penis from the vagina such that (cum) or
ejaculation happens outside the vagina. B y so doing, the sperms are released outside the vagina hence cannot
swim to fertilize the eggs to reproduce.
2. ABSTINENCE : this means celibacy or simply consciously avoiding sexual intercourse.
Lets take a look at devices of contraception.
Devices used as contraceptions are barriers that seek to block or prevent the sperm from meeting the egg.
Examples include male condoms, female condoms. however, we would take a deeper dive into the more intensive devices of
1. SPONGE: is a contraceptive sponge inserted into the vagina which has a depression to hold it in position over the
cervix. this is done using an applicator. the foam consists of a spermicide that kills the sperms hence acting as a barrier
to prevent them from swimming to fertilize the eggs
2. THE DIAPHRAM: is a dope shaped rubber or plastic device that’s inserted into the vagina and placed over the cervix, fitting
just behind the pubic bone and functions with the aid of a spermicide.
3. CERVICAL CAP: is s thimble-like, latex rubber device that’s fixated over the cervix to prevent the sperms from entering the
uterus. The cup must be filled with spermicides to one third of the cup before insertion.
4. INJECTIONS: this is a reversible, progestin-only, long-acting, birth control medication which is given via injections (shot).
this drug is called DEPO-PROVERA OR DMPA OR SIMPLY, THE DEPO SHOT. The DMPA drug works by preventing the release of eggs to
prevent it being fertilized by the sperms. The shot must be taken in the doctor’s office every three months. It is however relevant
to note that this does not prevent or protect against sexually transmitted diseases and infectives.
5. THE INTRAUTERINE DEVICE (IUD): is a small coil or flexible T-Shaped device, placed into the uterus by a doctor. there are two
types of IUD which are
i. HORMONAL IUD: This contains progestin (a medication) that prevents sperms from swimming for fertilized the eggs through the
thickening of the cervical mucus hence making the walls of the uterus thinner. this is considered or speculated to be ninety nine
percent effective and can stay in place for three to ten years as along as pregnancy is nit considered.
ii. COPPER IUD: this releases copper which reacts as a spermicide and like the hormonal IUD can last up to ten years.
6. CONTRACEPTIVE PILLS: is a medication made up to estrogen and progestin hormones which is taken daily to prevent the release of eggs.
they also thin out the walls of the uterus just like the hormonal IUD and is considered to be ninety-one to ninety-five percent safe.
7. VAGINAL RING :is a flexible plastic ring, inserted in the vagina which releases a low dose of progestin and estrogen over three weeks.
this, like the hormonal IUD, this thickens the cervical mucus and thins out the uterus lining and may prevent ovulation. the ring may be
inserted for three weeks, removed in one week to enable and facilitate menstruations to occur, this vaginal ring is also called the NUVARINGE.
Now that you know what contraceptives and some of the various available, I hope you’d be guided on making a good choice for your sexual and reproductive health. Catch us on the next episode of tour contraceptive conversations as we dive into the merits and demerits of contraceptives.
It has been days since America’s new president Joe Biden’s inauguration, which was memorable. Aside how graceful the ceremony was, one thing that people were crazily obsessed with was President Obama and his wife Michelle Obama’s style goals at the inauguration.
The couple style goals at the ceremony was insanely admired by many especially Michelle Obama’s and even lead to some style people doing something similar of her style at the inauguration.
She wore a Sergio Hudson look which entailed a coat matching along with a sweater-pants combination in a burgundy color and waist belt and her husband wore a suave black long jacket on top of his white shirt and black trousers.
These kids can not be left out the internet glory of the style challenge of the couples at the inauguration as they also pose in their own imitation of the couples style as President Obama and Michelle Obama at Joe Biden’s inauguration. So far these adorable kids have won the challenge according to the internet. Their parents did an awesome job.
Check the photos below and you will agree with me flatly.
Well, Valentine’s day is just around the corner, and we are pretty sure, sweethearts all around the world are gearing up to celebrate this romantic day with their loved ones.
We are also pretty sure you might be in need of some Valentine’s day gift ideas and this is where we come in to give you our top 3 gift ideas and where to easily get them. This year, instead of the usual chocolates, flowers and cards (which is cool by the way) why not add some spice to the tradition and make that special person feel giddy with love on this day.
LOTUS GALLERY: Has something for everyone, with creative and thoughtful presents you can personalise with special messages, dates, photos and more to show that person you love just how much you care. Customize a cozy throw pillow or a picture frame with his or her photo or even customize a mug with your own words. Whether you are an old pro or a newbie to the game of love, www.lotusgallery.com.gh is your one-stop-online gift shop for unique gift items.
RELATED ARTICLE: LOTUS GALLERY, GHANA’S FINEST ONLY ONLINE GIFT SHOP
MELONS CANDLESHOP: What better way to spice up the romantic atmosphere than including candles in your celebration of love. From a personalised candle to heart-shaped tea lights, melons candleshop have you covered. They are a Ghanaian handmade candle and accessories makers. Hit them up on Instagram @melonscandles for different size candles and all your go-to fragrances.
CHOCO TOYS: Whether you’re looking for a Valentine’s Day gift for yourself or for a romantic night with your sweetheart, Choco toys has something for everyone this Vals Day! They have high quality sex toys we think would each make a fantastic gift for a lover. Visit www.chocotoys.com to spice up your sex life.
NB: If your Valentine has no sex toys to your knowledge, please proceed with caution. It’s much better to have a frank and honest conversation about sex toys rather than blindsiding them with a gift they do not want.
Quick and easy smoothies – perfect for when you are on the move or perhaps not a lover of breakfast! Your body will love these delicious smoothies. Choose the flavor you fancy (the method is the same for all three) or get creative and design your own.
- 125ml coconut milk
- 500ml kale or spinach, chopped
- 250ml pineapple chopped
- 1 banana, chopped
- 3 – 5ml grated ginger
BANANA GINGER SMOOTHIE
- 2 SPAR Freshline bananas, sliced
- 250ml plain yoghurt
- 15ml Shoney (to taste)
- 3ml freshly grated ginger
BERRY OAT SMOOTHIE
- 200g frozen berries
- 175ml plain yoghurt
- 30ml honey (to taste)
- 3 – 5ml grated ginger
- 25g Quick Cooking Oats
- Combine the ingredients in a blender, except for the oats if making the berry smoothie.
- Puree until smooth, about 1 minute. Add water to reach the desired consistency. Stir the oats into the berry smoothie reserving a few for sprinkling on top.
Hints & Tips
When using banana, it is a good idea to peel and freeze it the day before. Cut into chunks and blitz with the other ingredients for an icy smoothie.
Source: Daily Sun
3. Pinch the tip of the condom and place it on the head of your penis. Leave a little bit of space at the top to collect semen (cum). If you’re uncircumcised, it might be more comfortable to pull your foreskin back before placing the condom on the tip of your penis and rolling it down.
4. Unroll the condom down the shaft of your penis all the way to the base. You can put a few drops of water-based or silicone lubricant inside the tip of the condom before you roll it on. You can also add more lube to the outside of the condom after it’s on your penis. (Water-based or silicone lube can make sex feel even better, and it helps stop condoms from breaking.)
5. Have sex!
6. After you ejaculate (cum), hold onto the rim of the condom and pull your penis out of your partner’s body. Do this BEFORE your penis goes soft, so the condom doesn’t get too loose and let semen out. After ejaculation, hold base of manhood with tissue and take off condom while manhood is still hard, tie the end of condom to avoid spilling and in tissue
7. Carefully take off the condom away from your partner so you don’t accidentally spill semen (cum) on them. Throw the condom away in the garbage — dump in trash can and not water closet.
South Africa’s Riky Rick who has been in the entertainment industry for more than 5 years is known for pushing the boundaries when it comes to his fashion choices and he recently broke the internet with his latest outfit when the rapper wore a skirt during a recent appearance on ‘Live Amp’.
Although Riky Rick is known and loved for his unique sense of style, some of his fans however think he has taken his love for fashion one step too far this time. See some reactions below:
The monochrome gender-fluid ensemble is from the newest menswear collection by revered knitwear fashion brand, Maxhosa by Laduma.
The man behind the brand, Laduma Ngxokolo, insists for starters the correct term for the look is not a skirt or kilt, but rather it’s his interpretation of ibheshu – a calf-skin apron worn by Zulu men. He does, however, confirm that the get-up was heavily influenced by the Scottish kilt. “The collection is called culture, so the whole objective was to celebrate different cultures around the world,” he told Sowetanlive